Early Admissions Successes!

Hey Everyone,

Boy, it is cold out there, but the class of 2018 is really heating it up with their college acceptances (corny I know, blame it on the cabin fever)! If you missed the latest addition of the Xavier E-news, one of the articles highlighted the early college acceptances for our seniors. I wanted to re-post the article here, for all to see. Take care, and enjoy the read...hopefully under a blanket!

Class of 2018 Shines in Early Round of College Admissions
In this year’s early round of college admissions, Xavier’s Class of 2018 distinguished itself with great success.

"With early admissions in the rearview mirror, the Class of 2018 now has their eyes set on regular admissions, where decisions most often come out in March and April,” said Director of College Counseling Joseph Korfmacher. “In the meantime, it is important to celebrate the early successes of this talented class. Our seniors have already reported over 400 college acceptances and close to $9,000,000 in academic scholarships.”

So far, Xavier seniors have earned spots at some of the nation’s most selective colleges and universities, including Boston College, the University of Chicago, Cornell University, Davidson College, Emory University, Georgetown University, the University of Michigan, New York University, and the University of Notre Dame. 

Alex Day ’18, who plans to study business at NYU, credited Xavier’s college counselors with guiding him through the admissions process. “It is very helpful that they are there to guide us and answer any questions we may have,” the Upper East Side resident said. “Overall, Xavier has given me the tools to make major decisions and to think critically. All of my classes are structured around preparing for college courses, so it's a good way to develop a mindset of independence and time management skills.”
Themis Pappas ’18, a Port Washington resident who has earned multiple college acceptances so far, said he is interested in continuing his Jesuit education. “The Jesuit values I have come to appreciate through my Xavier education attracted me to Georgetown, Fordham, and Boston College,” he said. “Along with this, the strong business programs at each of these schools, as well as Villanova, made me gravitate towards them as some of my top choices.”

“Xavier’s support throughout the whole admissions process was extremely helpful to my success. I felt at ease knowing there was always someone to answer my questions whether it be during school, or the night before applications were due,” Pappas continued. “I also feel that I will thrive at whatever college I attend because of the rigor of coursework here at Xavier and the maturity and discipline that has taught me.”

Francis Corrado ’18 of Hoboken and Chris Gushée ’18 of Tribeca both plan to attend the University of Michigan.

“University of Michigan is a very big school, but when I visited over the summer it was evident that its size did not take away from the very rich and close-knit bonds between everyone roaming the campus wearing the maize and blue,” said Corrado, who plans to enter the College of Pharmacy. “My tour guide paused our tour several times to introduce us to friends of hers who just happened to be walking by, and coming from a community like Xavier, I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the UM community.”
“Xavier's college guidance program played a key role in my preparation for the admissions process,” added Gushée, who looks forward to joining the marching band and taking economics, accounting, and psychology classes at Michigan. “Since group meetings started in January of my junior year, I had plenty of time to think about what I wanted out of college and what types of schools I was interested in. This preparation definitely gave me an edge when I began to go on campus tours in the spring of my junior year. Xavier's Jesuit tradition of interdisciplinary academics has prepared me well for college; I have the thinking skills necessary to be successful in any academic discipline.”

“The study habits and time management skills that I developed at Xavier didn't only prepare me for the college admissions process but have also given me the confidence to enter the University of Michigan ready to take on new challenges," Corrado agreed.

“This is a talented class, and they are already being rewarded for their years of hard work inside and outside of the classroom,” Korfmacher said. “I am beyond excited to see what the next few months will hold for all 270 seniors.”

Comments

  1. This was really inspiring! I'm working on my own statement of purpose at the moment and have found this sample of PhD sop very helpful! What I really liked about your statement of purpose is that it shows your determination and your desire to study abroad. Also, you're really great with words! Thanks for a motivation!


    Student accommodation guide

    Guide for students studying in the UK




    ReplyDelete
  2.  Many students work hard for having good need completion for getting https://www.reportwritingservice.net/. This leads for their future for good and ideal supportive for go ahead in life making efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timely admission after getting detail about the courses is valuable for the students. This allow for making decision for planning towards http://www.writemywaiver.com/best-waiver-letter-sample/ the right way for go ahead done things for needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the help of the early admissions you can find the real success to your life. You can also arrange the best meeting and can get more info from this field. You can also find the area of the knowledge from this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like i am also going to take admission in this institute as have read here about everything. Getting admission here would be a dream come true so i hope it will help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early success is possible when get admission in best institute and follow the rules. This source https://www.mbadissertation.org/list-of-mba-thesis-topics-in-human-resources-management/ is giving us best information about facing academic challenges so this is really helpful .

    ReplyDelete
  7. its really good one.I specially liked good content.I think you have done enough professional writing.Good job.Thanks for the post. Watching a lots nice videos on instagram from site insta stalker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Going Merry - Making College Scholarships Easier

Introducing Micro-Scholarships for College from Raise.me

2018 Admissions Report & the Importance of Crafting the College List